- Authenticating users;
- Remembering user preferences and settings;
- Determining the popularity of content;
- Delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns;
- Analysing site traffic and trends, and generally understanding the online behaviours and interests of people who interact with our services.
A pixel tag (also called a web beacon or clear GIF) is a tiny graphic with a unique identifier, embedded invisibly on a webpage (or an online ad or email), and is used to count or track things like activity on a webpage or ad impressions or clicks, as well as to access cookies stored on users’ computers. We use pixel tags to measure the popularity of our various pages, features and services. We also may include web beacons in e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether the message has been opened and for other analytics.
Uses of your information
- We use the information we collect for following purposes, including:
- To provide, personalise, maintain and improve our products and services, such as to enable deliveries and other services, enable features to personalise your Chakhna account;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the relevant information and services;
- To administer and enhance the security of our Chakhna Platform and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To provide you with information about services we consider similar to those that you are already using, or have enquired about, or may interest you. If you are a registered user, we will contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS or telephone) with information about these services;
- To understand our users (what they do on our Services, what features they like, how they use them, etc.), improve the content and features of our Services (such as by personalizing content to your interests), process and complete your transactions, make special offers, provide customer support, process and respond to your queries;
- To generate and review reports and data about, and to conduct research on, our user base and Service usage patterns;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services, if any; or
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- If you are a partner restaurant or merchant or delivery partner, to track the progress of delivery or status of the order placed by our customers.
We may combine the information that we receive from third parties with the information you give to us and information we collect about you for the purposes set out above. Further, we may anonymize and/or de-identify information collected from you through the Services or via other means, including via the use of third-party web analytic tools. As a result, our use and disclosure of aggregated and/or de-identified information is not restricted by this Policy, and it may be used and disclosed to others without limitation.
We analyse the log files of our Chakhna Platform that may contain Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring, app crashes, page viewed and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. This helps us to administer the website, to learn about user behavior on the site, to improve our product and services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
Disclosure and Distribution of Your Information
We may share your information that we collect for following purposes:
- With Service Providers: We may share your information with our vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms and other service providers or business partners, such as Payment processing companies, to support our business. For example, your information may be shared with outside vendors to send you emails and messages or push notifications to your devices in relation to our Services, to help us analyze and improve the use of our Services, to process and collect payments. We also may use vendors for other projects, such as conducting surveys or organizing sweepstakes for us.
- With Partner Restaurants/Merchant: While you place a request to order food through the Chakhna Platform, your information is provided to us and to the restaurants/merchants with whom you may choose to order. In order to facilitate your online food order processing, we provide your information to that restaurant/merchant in a similar manner as if you had made a food order directly with the restaurant. If you provide a mobile phone number, Chakhna may send you text messages regarding the order’s delivery status.
- With Other Users: If you are a delivery partner, we may share your name, phone number and/or profile picture (if applicable), tracking details with other users to provide them the Services.
- For Crime Prevention or Investigation: We may share this information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us, when we are:
- Obligated under the applicable laws or in good faith to respond to court orders and processes; or
- Detecting and preventing against actual or potential occurrence of identity theft, fraud, abuse of Services and other illegal acts;
- Responding to claims that an advertisement, posting or other content violates the intellectual property rights of a third party;
- For Internal Use: We may share your information with any present or future member of our “Group” (as defined below)or affiliates for our internal business purposes The term “Group” means, with respect to any person, any entity that is controlled by such person, or any entity that controls such person, or any entity that is under common control with such person, whether directly or indirectly, or, in the case of a natural person, any Relative (as such term is defined in the Companies Act, 1956 and Companies Act, 2013 to the extent applicable) of such person.
While you cannot opt out of advertising on the Chakhna Platform, you may opt out of much interest-based advertising on third party sites and through third party ad networks (including DoubleClick Ad Exchange, Facebook Audience Network and Google AdSense). For more information, visit . Opting out means that you will no longer receive personalized ads by third parties ad networks from which you have opted out, which is based on your browsing information across multiple sites and online services. If you delete cookies or change devices, your opt out may no longer be effective.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- We may share your information other than as described in this Policy if we notify you and you consent to the sharing.